FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
THE MOB MUSEUM ANNOUNCES NOVEMBER, DECEMBER PROGRAMS
LAS VEGAS (October 2020) – The Mob Museum, The National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement, announces its roster of public programs for November and December, as well as monthly cocktail specials inside The Underground Speakeasy.
All Museum programs require registration. For more information and to register, visit www.themobmuseum.org/events/.
November Cocktail Special at The Underground: The Omertà
- Date: 1 to Nov. 30
- Price: $12
- Recipe: Crafted with Bourbon, Aperol, Amaro, Grapefruit
- Description: On November 24, 1896, Charles “Lucky” Luciano was born in Sicily, Italy. He is notorious for establishing the governing body of the Mafia known as the Commission. November’s featured cocktail, The Omertà, is inspired by the code of silence Luciano and his fellow associates swore by when joining the criminal syndicate.
Self-Guided Finger Licking Foodie Tour of Downtown
- Date: Tours are offered daily.
- Time: Tours are 2.5 hours in length and offered from noon to 6 p.m.
- Cost: Tours start at $79 per person. Guests can add on The Mob Museum admission for $29.95 per person.
- Description: The Mob Museum has partnered with local culinary tour expert Finger Licking Foodie Tours. Guests who purchase a Self-Guided Finger Licking Foodie Tour of Downtown can now add a Mob Museum general admission ticket for an additional $29.95. Included with your admission is access into The Underground speakeasy and distillery, along with a complimentary bottle of hand sanitizer, produced in the Museum’s distillery, and souvenir face mask. On each Finger Licking tour, guests make their way through three downtown restaurants trying the most popular food and drinks at each spot.
Kefauver Day Free Admission Exclusively for Nevada Residents
- Date: Sunday, Nov. 15
- Time: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Cost: Free for Nevada residents with a valid ID. Reservations are required. Click here to RSVP.
- Description: In celebration of Kefauver Day on Nov. 15, The Mob Museum will offer free admission to Nevada residents, thanks to Zappos’ generous support.
A Core Value of the Museum is its “Commitment to Community,” and the Museum continues to look for opportunities to increase accessibility and give back to the local community.
Due to limited capacity and to ensure a safe experience, the Museum will also offer 2,500 general admission vouchers valid Nov. 16, 2020 through the end of 2021, to select local organizations.
Kefauver Day commemorates the Kefauver Committee hearing that took place in the Museum’s courtroom in 1950. Named after Senator Estes Kefauver of Tennessee, the Kefauver Committee hearings were televised and brought organized crime into the living rooms of many Americans for the first time. They were held in 14 U.S. cities from 1950 to 1951 and were pivotal in the national fight against organized crime, as well as events that influenced the development of Las Vegas. On this day, guests can also receive 10 percent off all food and beverage inside The Underground speakeasy and distillery, home to the Museum’s house-made moonshine.
The 25th Anniversary of “Casino”: Looking Back at the Mob Movie Classic with Nicholas Pileggi and Oscar Goodman
- Date: Thursday, Nov. 19
- Time: 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Location: The Mob Museum’s historic courtroom on the second floor.
- Cost: Tickets are $75. 10 percent discount offered to Museum Members. To purchase tickets, click here.
- Description: The 1995 film “Casino” is consistently ranked among the greatest Mob movies of all time. Its fictional depictions of true events in Las Vegas in the 1970s and ’80s evoke nostalgic memories for longtime locals and impassioned debate among history buffs. Twenty-five years after its release, screenwriter Nicholas Pileggi and former Mob defense attorney Oscar Goodman will discuss the making of “Casino” and its impact on Las Vegas.
- Speakers: Academy Award-nominated screenwriter Nicholas Pileggi will appear virtually. Oscar Goodman, who played himself in the film, will participate in person. Also attending is a special guest who played a memorable role in the film involving Joe Pesci and a vise. The Museum’s Vice President of Exhibits and Programs Geoff Schumacher will moderate.
- Seating: This intimate event taking place in the Museum’s historic courtroom has limited tickets available. Guests will have an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to ask notable individuals who worked on the set of the landmark movie any questions they have. Attendees will also receive a signed copy of the book “Casino” by Nicholas Pileggi.
December Cocktail Special at The Underground: Hot Spiked Cider
- Date: 1 to Dec. 31
- Price: $8
- Recipe: A spicy blend of bourbon whiskey, apple cider, cinnamon and clove.
- Description: Guests can warm up this winter with this classic holiday cocktail.
Walking Through History: A Live Virtual Tour of Tampa’s Mafia Past
- Date: Sunday, Dec. 6
- Time: 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Location: The Mob Museum’s historic courtroom on the second floor.
- Cost: Free for Museum members or with Museum admission. Reservations are required. Click here to RSVP.
- Description: This livestream presentation of the Tampa Mafia Tour will take viewers through the brick streets of Ybor City, a historic neighborhood in Tampa, Florida, where organized crime gained a foothold in the early 20th century. Historian Scott Deitche will highlight old gambling palaces, street corners where mobsters met their demise, and restaurants where famed Mafia boss Santo Trafficante Jr. held court. Guests will hear tales of Bolita, the rumored tunnels of Ybor, and the Era of Blood, when warring factions battled for control of Tampa’s underworld.
- Speaker: Scott Deitche will appear via videoconference taking attendees on a walking tour through the streets of Tampa while discussing historic Mob locations. Audience members will have the opportunity to ask questions.
Annual Blood Drive with American Red Cross
- Date: Monday, 7
- Time: 10 a.m.to 4 p.m.
- Location: Bloodmobile located in the Museum’s back lot.
- Cost: Free for attendees. Click here to schedule appointment.
- Description: The Mob Museum is partnering with the American Red Cross to sponsor a blood drive in the American Red Cross mobile blood unit. For more information, call 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
To ensure the safety of staff and visitors, all guests are required to wear face coverings. All personnel of The Mob Museum have a comprehensive public safety operational plan to follow which can be found here.
For more information, please call (702) 229-2734 or visit themobmuseum.org.
ABOUT THE MOB MUSEUM
The Mob Museum, the National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, provides a world-class journey through true stories—from the birth of the Mob to today’s headlines. The Mob Museum offers a provocative, contemporary look at these topics through hundreds of artifacts and immersive storylines. Numerous interactive exhibits include a Crime Lab, Firearm Training Simulator and Organized Crime Today exhibit. The Museum is also home to The Underground, a Prohibition history exhibition featuring a speakeasy and distillery sponsored by Zappos. The Mob Museum has accumulated numerous accolades, including being named one of TripAdvisor’s “Top 25 U.S. Museums,” one of Las Vegas Weekly’s “Twenty Greatest Attractions in Las Vegas History,” one of National Geographic’s “Top 10 Things to Do in Las Vegas,” USA Today’s “Best Museum in Nevada” and No. 1 in the 2020 10Best Readers’ Choice travel awards for “Best Las Vegas Attraction” and one of its “12 Can’t Miss U.S. Museum Exhibits,” “A Must for Travelers” by The New York Times and one of “20 Places Every American Should See” by FOX News. The Museum is a two-time winner of the Mayor’s Urban Design Award for Historic Preservation and Adaptive Reuse and is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. The Museum is open daily; visit the website for admission rates and operating hours. For more information, call (702) 229-2734, visit themobmuseum.org, or download the Museum’s free mobile app.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
Desiree Webb/Erika Pope
The Vox Agency
(702) 569-0616, (702) 249-2977
# # #