FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
L to R: Various Stocking Stuffers; Merry Moonshine Holiday Wreath; The Mob Museum Snow Globe.
(Photos Courtesy of The Mob Museum)
CELEBRATE THE HOLIDAYS WITH EXCLUSIVE GIFTS FROM THE MOB MUSEUM
Signature Gifts Include House-Distilled Moonshine, The Gift of Museum Membership, More
Click Here for Downloadable, High-Res Photos of Holiday Gift Items
LAS VEGAS (November 2022) – This holiday season, shoppers can find something for everyone with unique and limited-edition gifts at The Mob Museum, the National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit, all proceeds go to support the Museum’s mission of advancing the public understanding of organized crime’s history and impact on American society. Gift ideas include a three-pack of the Museum’s house-distilled moonshine, the gift of Museum Membership and stocking stuffers for the entire family. In addition, Museum Members always receive 10 percent off all retail purchases both in-store at the Museum’s gift shop and online.
Highlights from The Mob Museum’s 2022 signature holiday gifts include:
Gift of Museum Membership:
- Membership to The Mob Museum – Along with free admission for a year, give the Mob history lover in your life a host of new benefits with Museum Membership, including discounts on special events, parking, invitations to preview days and more. Memberships are available for purchase starting at $45.
Gifts for the Movie Buff:
Gifts for the Collector:
- Collector’s Items at the Museum store include authentic pairs of dice, chips and playing cards from the city’s most historic casinos, including the El Cortez, Flamingo, Sahara, Dunes, Aladdin, Bally’s, Caesars Palace and Riviera, starting at $8.
- The Aladdin Casino Chip Set features authentic chips that were used at the original Aladdin. Wow your guests at your next poker game with this usable and authentic piece of history available for $1,500.
- The Mob Museum Snow Globe is the perfect memento of a visit featuring the Museum’s historic building, depictions of the Prohibition era, the St. Valentine’s Massacre Wall and Chicago Mob Boss Al Capone available for $25.
- Chess and Whiskey Gift Set has a full chess set, deck of cards and pair of dice accompanied by a whiskey flask, funnel and shot glass available for $55.
Gifts for the Food and Drink Lover:
- Moonshine – The Underground speakeasy and distillery at The Mob Museum offers award-winning, house-distilled moonshine varieties including the Signature Moonshine, which was named the 2020 International Whiskey Competition’s Best Moonshine and is made with 100 percent corn mash; Cinn-City, crafted with the warm sweetness of cinnamon and a pinch of cardamom; and Ginger Jake, bursting with notes of citrus and a gingery snap. Must be 21 and over. All moonshine orders are only available for pickup at The Underground in the basement of The Mob Museum.
- Merry Moonshine! Holiday Wreaths – These custom-made holiday wreaths come in two styles, both with The Mob Museum moonshine of the buyer’s choosing. Wreaths must be pre-ordered and are available for in-person pick-up only. Flavors of moonshine are based on availability. Must be 21 and over. Two styles include:
Gifts for the Bookworm:
From the history of the Prohibition era to cocktail recipes, tales of organized crime, vintage Las Vegas, coloring books and more, the Museum offers a unique collection of books starting at just $3.99.
Gift Experiences for the Whole Family:
- Custom Scavenger Hunt – Ideal for families, groups of friends or work colleagues, The Mob Museum offers one-of-a-kind scavenger hunts. Participants will have a blast scouring the Museum’s exhibits hunting for answers, learning fact from fiction as they go. The Museum can custom design a scavenger hunt to meet the needs of any group and hunts are available for an additional $15 per person.
- Mob Mystery Experience – For groups of 10 or more, the Museum offers a Mob mystery activity, where teams must work together to prevent a crime from being committed. Participants must search the Museum for clues to eliminate suspects and get to the bottom of the case. The first team to identify the city, suspect and crime wins. This 60-minute activity is available for an additional $15 per person.
- Both of these packages can be booked by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 702.724.8622.
Gift Experiences for Guests 21 and Older:
- Curated Whiskey Tastings – Guests can enjoy handcrafted cocktails, appetizers and an international whiskey tasting experience inside the VIP room at The Underground speakeasy and distillery. This package is available for up to 10 guests and includes a two-hour rental of the VIP Room, a tasting of four distinctive whiskeys from around the world, including Irish whiskey, scotch, bourbon and Japanese whiskey, a $150 food and beverage credit and Museum admission during regular hours. Cost for 10 guests is $1,170, including sales tax and service charge.
- Don’t Cross The Boss – An amusing game testing detective skills and Mob expertise. Guests begin by assuming the role of an infamous mobster and compete against other participants. Each round, players will ask their fellow mobsters yes or no questions to deduce who they are playing against. The first person to identify every boss wins. This package includes a two-hour rental of the VIP room in The Underground speakeasy, cocktails and appetizers and all the materials needed for an elevated game night. Cost for 10 guests is $1,039 including sales tax and service charge.
- These experiences can be booked by emailing email@example.com or by calling 702.724.8622.
Gifts Ideal for Stocking Stuffers:
- Wine Glass Ornament – A perfect way to decorate for the holidays, the wine glass ornaments feature liquid inside that moves without ever spilling a drop. Available in red and white for $22 each.
- Flapper Ornament – There perhaps is no figure more iconic of the Roaring 20s than that of the flapper. This festive ornament adorned with The Mob Museum’s logo is priced at $30.
- Liquor Bottle Ornaments – Available in four different styles, these liquor bottle ornaments sport the phrases “Tequila Made Me Do It,” “More Fun With Rum,” “Whiskey Me Away” and “Smooth As Scotch.” Available for $18 each.
- The Mob Museum Building Shot Glass – Exhibits, artifacts and memorabilia aren’t the only treasures to be found at The Mob Museum. The building itself is home to a captivating history all its own. This history is reflected in a shot glass, best filled with The Mob Museum moonshine.
- Online Store Gift Card – The museum offers online retail gift cards in $10, $25, $50 and $100 denominations.
Shop The Mob Museum’s full retail collection here.
All purchases help The Mob Museum fulfill its mission of advancing the public understanding of organized crime’s history and impact on American society through preserving a historic landmark as well as funding exhibit development, digital initiatives, dynamic programs and community outreach initiatives.
For more information, please call (702) 724-8670 or visit themobmuseum.org.
ABOUT THE MOB MUSEUM
The Mob Museum, the National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, provides a world-class journey through true stories—from the birth of the Mob to today’s headlines. The Mob Museum offers a provocative, contemporary look at these topics through hundreds of artifacts and immersive storylines. Numerous interactive exhibits include a Crime Lab, Firearm Training Simulator and Organized Crime Today exhibit. The Museum is also home to The Underground, a Prohibition history exhibition featuring a speakeasy and distillery. The Mob Museum has accumulated numerous accolades, including being named one of TripAdvisor’s “Top 25 U.S. Museums;” one of Las Vegas Weekly’s “Twenty Greatest Attractions in Las Vegas History” and “Best Museum” by its 2021 Readers’ Choice Awards; one of National Geographic’s “Top 10 Things to Do in Las Vegas;” USA Today’s “Best Museum in Nevada,” 10Best Readers’ Choice travel awards for “Best Las Vegas Attraction” in 2021, “Top Five Best History Museums in the United States” in 2021 and one of its “12 Can’t Miss U.S. Museum Exhibits;” named “A Must for Travelers” by The New York Times and one of “20 Places Every American Should See” by FOX News. The Museum is a two-time winner of the Mayor’s Urban Design Award for Historic Preservation and Adaptive Reuse and is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. The Museum is open daily; visit the website for admission rates and operating hours. For more information, call (702) 229-2734, visit themobmuseum.org, or download the Museum’s free mobile app.
ABOUT THE UNDERGROUND
The Underground is an immersive Prohibition history exhibition featuring a speakeasy, distillery and private VIP room in the basement of The Mob Museum, the National Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement. Artifacts from the 1920s and 1930s tell the intriguing story of the Prohibition era, which not only saw a proliferation of bootlegged booze and the meteoric growth of organized crime outfits but also had a profound, lasting impact on society, specifically making way for modern cocktail culture. A seasonal cocktail menu gives guests the opportunity to try contemporary takes on classic Prohibition-era cocktails. The menu and atmosphere have landed the speakeasy on several “best cocktail bars in Las Vegas” lists. Distillery tours allow participants to learn about Prohibition and its impact on a variety of spirits and drinking habits while tasting a few of the Museum’s moonshines. The distilling program has received various accolades, including Best Moonshine at the 2020 International Whiskey Competition. Complimentary entrance to The Underground is granted at the secret side door to visitors who know the password, which is published daily on Instagram Stories @MobMuseum_Underground.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
Vanessa Thill/Erika Pope
The Vox Agency
firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
(469) 226-4723, (702) 249-2977
# # #