FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pictured: Cottonwood Cove
(Photo Courtesy of Lake Mead Mohave Adventures)
LAKE MEAD MOHAVE ADVENTURES ANNOUNCES $10 MILLION REDEVELOPMENT PLAN AT COTTONWOOD COVE RESORT & MARINA
Plan Includes Renovations to Existing Facilities, Addition of New Amenities
Click Here for Downloadable, High-Res Photos
LAKE MEAD NATIONAL RECREATION AREA (January 2024) – Lake Mead Mohave Adventures (LMMA), a subsidiary of Guest Services, Inc. and the National Park Service concessioner operating seven marina and camping destinations inside Lake Mead National Recreation Area, announces it has signed a new 25-year lease to continue operating Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina. The lease, starting January 1, 2024, involves a redevelopment plan financed by LMMA featuring over $10 million in improvements to existing facilities as well as the addition of new amenities to enhance the guest experience.
“As one of the best-kept secrets in Southern Nevada, we are elated to launch a new, elevated experience at Cottonwood Cove Resort & Marina with this long-term redevelopment plan,” said Chad Taylor, director of marketing and guest experience, Lake Mead Mohave Adventures. “This transformation is a testament to our passion for creating best-in-class experiences for our guests and premier employment opportunities for our dedicated team members.”
Improvement Projects Include:
- Marina: 46 covered slips will be added to the marina while covers will be installed on 74 existing slips. A 400-foot-long courtesy dock for boats to tie up to will be installed along the south end of the North Beach swimming area. The fueling dock will also have an overhead cover installed to provide more shade while guests fuel their boats.
- Dry Storage Area: 6,000 square feet of land will be converted into 250 storage locations for boats, 50 of which will be covered spaces. Each storage location will be approximately 60 feet long and 15 feet wide.
- RV Park: This full hook-up RV park will be completely redesigned to accommodate today’s larger RVs with side pop-outs. Newly planted native desert vegetation will provide shade in the coming years. A tricycle transportation and food and beverage delivery service will also be added. In addition, Dark Sky Project-compliant, energy-efficient lighting will be installed, and water-efficient fixtures will be added.
- Employee Housing Area: The three existing employee dorms and one employee house will be fully remodeled with new flooring, soft goods, bathrooms, furniture, water-efficient fixtures, energy-efficient lighting and themed art. LMMA will add six new mobile housing units and create a centralized employee common area. Solar panels and all support systems to generate necessary energy to power the employee housing area will be installed. System controls to transfer excess power into the electrical grid and to provide purchased power if solar generated power is insufficient for area needs will be installed.
- Motel: All 24 motel rooms, including the VIP and Cove rental units, will undergo a complete remodel featuring larger bathrooms, new flooring and fresh, modern design elements while preserving the historic feel of the building. The portico and covered walkway will be revived for visitor use. Electronic key card locks will be added to all room doors. Energy- and water-efficient devices will be installed.
- Café: The current restaurant is being completely redesigned, expanded and transformed into the only pub on the lake where guests can enjoy pub-style cuisine and a full bar, all while delighting in views of beautiful Lake Mohave.
- Retail Store: Guests can look forward to a fully redesigned store with a mix of “grab and go” options, souvenirs and gifts, fishing tackle, RV supplies and grocery items. A 15-foot-wide covered outdoor patio area for scenic al fresco dining will be constructed. The exterior will be renovated with slump stone to match the motel, and a new icehouse as well as energy- and water-efficient devices will be installed.
- Lower Campground: Five campsites will be converted to eco-tent sites, saving guests the time and energy of setting up their own tents. Five additional sites will be retrofitted and assigned as adaptive campsites. The remainder of the sites will have overgrown vegetation removed, allowing for more space per site for dry camping, RVs and tent campers. The restroom will be updated to include an ADA-accessible changing station. Lighting systems will be converted to Dark Sky Project-rated fixtures to restore the nighttime environment and reduce the harmful effects of light pollution. Water-efficient devices will be installed throughout the campground. A tricycle transportation and food and beverage delivery service will be added.
- Ski Cove Beach: Guests can escape the crowds and enjoy the 20 rental cabanas to be installed at the new Ski Cove private beach area. This area will include food and beverage service for the cabanas and paddle craft rentals. A tricycle transportation service will be added to shuttle guests from the main resort to Ski Cove. LMMA will also remove the invasive tamarisk shrub and condition the sand.
- Fishing Pier: An ADA-compliant fishing dock made of environmentally friendly materials will be added along with an ADA-compliant Mobi-mat® to provide pedestrian access to the fishing pier.
- North Beach: Portable toilets, trash and recycling receptacles will be added for ease and convenience. A food truck offering fresh cuisine will be added.
- Trailer Village: Prior to 2043, LMMA will transition the Trailer Village from long-term to short-term accommodations. A new water line with meters will be installed and the area’s shower and laundry facility will be renovated. In addition, Dark Sky Project-compliant, energy-efficient lighting will be installed, and water-efficient fixtures will be added.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations: Level II electric vehicle charging stations will be included in the public parking area. LMMA’s vehicle fleet will be upgraded to include electric golf carts, utility vehicles, ATVs and electric tricycles.
- Land Fuel Station: Shade coverings over the land fuel station will be added.
- Landscaping: Landscape improvements, including the clean-up and planting of native species and drought-resistant vegetation, will be implemented. Non-native species such as the tamarisk shrub will be removed.
In addition to the above-referenced renovations, improvements and acquisitions, LMMA will continue to add watercraft to its small-boat rental fleet and refurbish its array of rental houseboats. For more information on LMMA, visit lakemeadmohaveadventures.com.
ABOUT GUEST SERVICES, INC.
Since 1917, Guest Services, Inc. has earned the reputation as a premier hospitality management company and national and state park concessionaire that has taken great care and pride in delivering best-in-class food, lodging, retail and recreation services. The Fairfax, Virginia-based company and its subsidiaries employ more than 3,500 staff at more than 250 facilities, which welcome approximately 30 million guests annually across the United States. Guest Services, Inc. is proud to welcome visitors at Mount Rainier National Park, North Cascades National Park and Lake Roosevelt National Recreation Area in Washington, several parks in the Washington, D.C. area, and state parks such as Bear Mountain in New York, in addition to Missouri’s newest state park in the Ozarks – the much-anticipated Echo Bluff State Park. To learn more visit www.guestservices.com or www.exploreadventuresunbound.com.
Vanessa Thill/Erika Pope
The Vox Agency
(469) 226-4723/ (702) 249-2977
# # #