The Vox Agency has an immediate opening for a full-time assistant account executive. Vox is the Las Vegas-based public relations, digital marketing and branding company specializing in hospitality, attractions, food and beverage and non-profit organizations.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about marketing and public relations and has a basic understanding regarding how print, broadcast, online and social media work. In addition, our team works remotely. Without one centralized office, all staff members must be independent, initiative-takers with a strong work ethic and discipline.
We offer a flexible work schedule and environment, as well as health benefits and an equipment package (laptop, printer, office supplies). Salary is negotiable and will be based upon the candidate’s experience.
Candidate must currently reside in Southern Nevada.
- This position reports to Account Executives and agency owner
- Work hours are Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with occasional events on evenings and weekends
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, journalism, marketing, communications or related field is required
- Previous experience in public relations, marketing or related fields is preferred
- Previous experience in/knowledge of live entertainment and EDM music scene
- Bilingual (Spanish, English) is preferred
- Experience using Adobe InDesign, Acrobat and Photoshop is preferred
- Staffing photo shoots and media interviews (this includes evenings and weekends)
- Drafting news releases, bios and fact sheets
- Monitoring HARO and LVCVA newsletters to identify opportunities for our clients
- Maintaining media and influencer lists with updated contact information
- Identifying relevant journalists to pitch client stories and announcements
- Assisting with monthly clip reports and creating PDF previews
- Uploading news releases and other announcements to Cision
- Developing news angles, stories and pitches to further the client’s profile, products and services
- Pitching local, national and international media in coordination with the Account Executive
- Assisting with media visits and reservations upon request
- Proactively communicating with clients, media and PR industry colleagues on a daily basis in a professional, efficient manner
- Scheduling posts and stories on all platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google My Business
- Creating biweekly and monthly analytics reports for agency’s social media pages
- Assisting with the social media content calendar for all Vox social media pages, as well as client accounts
- Analyzing trends and monitoring all pages, including replying to comments, direct messages and identifying real-time marketing opportunities
- Assisting with proposals and layouts on Adobe InDesign
- Updating shared calendars with relevant client and community events
- Participating in new business presentations upon request
- Satisfactory communication and writing skills with AP-style experience
- High competency level on computer and software skills, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience using social media management platforms, such as Hootsuite
- Ability to create graphics and layouts using different programs, including Canva
- High level of organization with the ability to work remotely
- Professional conduct within and outside office while conducting agency business
For more information on the company, as well as a list of past and present clients, go to www.thevoxagency.com. Please send your resume and writing samples to Erika Pope at firstname.lastname@example.org.